Curriculum and Learning
Through the curriculum at Greenfields we:
- Empower our children as global citizens for the future: knowing their own rights and upholding those of others, having a moral responsibility for our planet and a sense of place
- Encourage aspirational and curious, life-long learners through exposure to new ideas
- Create ‘experts’ in knowledge and skills
- Promote collaborative learning with a strong emphasis on communication
- Develop independent learners who own their learning, embrace challenge and take risks; who reflect on their own learning and can solve problems
We use the International Primary Curriculum as a starting point for many subjects. This links subjects such as Geography, History, Art and Design Technology within a theme. The subjects are taught discretely in blocks to encourage depth of understanding. Not all subjects naturally fit within a theme and so these subjects are taught separately: PE, RE, PHSE and Modern Foreign Language - French. English, Maths and Computing are also taught during discrete lessons but revisited in the curriculum so children can apply and embed the skills they have learnt in a purposeful context.
Additional information on our curriculum can be obtained by contacting our curriculum leaders through the school office: Tel 0113 2876195 or email email@example.com.
Our Key Curriculum Leaders are:
Maths: Mrs C.Roberts English: Mrs S.Wiseman International Primary Curriculum: Mrs K.McCarthy