Local Governing Body
Since September 2016, Kippax Greenfield Primary School has had Academy status alongside our Trust partner schools. Kippax Greenfield Primary School is an academy supported by our own Multi-Academy Trust - The Brigshaw Learning Partnership.
Please visit the Brigshaw Learning Partnership website to find out more about the Trust.
Each school in the Trust has its own headteacher and local governing body. The Brigshaw Learning Partnership Board of Directors, which is responsible for all of the schools, contains representatives from across our community, as well as very experienced and skilled people who share our values.
Our local governing body has three core functions:
- Setting the vision and strategic direction
- Holding the Headteacher and the Senior Leadership Team to account for the educational performance of the school
- Ensuring financial health, probity and value for money
How we appoint our governors
- Parent Governors are elected by the parents of pupils in school.
- Trust Governors are appointed by the Brigshaw Learning Partnership
- Staff Governors are elected by the staff of the school.
- Associate Members are appointed by the Local Governing Body and work in an advisory capacity. Associate Members have no voting rights.
- The Headteacher holds an ex-officio position.
If you are interested in joining Kippax Greenfield Primary’s Local Governing Body, please contact our Chair of Governors.
Our Chair of Governors
Mrs Emma Jackson
Contact : C/O Kippax Greenfield Primary School, Ebor Mount, Kippax, Leeds LS25 7PA.
School Governors and their roles
|Governor||Type||Term of Office||Specific Responsibilities|
|10.09.17 – 10.09.21||
Chair of Governors, Complaints, Headteacher Performance Management, Finance, Trust Director for the Brigshaw Learning Partnership MAT.
|01.09.18 – 01.09.22||Vice Chair of Governors, Headteacher Performance Management, Health and Safety|
|08.05.14 – 08.05.22||Resigned 29.06.20|
|10.09.18 – 10.09.22||Headteacher Performance Management, Educational visits|
18.06.19 - 18.6.23
08.05.19 - 08.05.23
|SEND, Pupil premium|
|Vicky Lackey||Trust Appointed||15.01.15 – 15.01.23||Safeguarding and Child Protection, Attendance, Early Years|
|Sally Hall||Trust Appointed||01.02.16 – 01.02.20||Rights Respecting Schools/Equality|
|Sam Wiseman||Staff||17.09.17 – 17.09.21||Resigned 07/20|
|08.05.19 - 08.05.23||Support Staff Governor|
|Kirsty Moleele||Headteacher||01.09.04 – 01.09.28||Ex-officio|
|Claire Roberts||Interim Staff Gov||29.06.20-29.06.21||Ex-officio|
|Sarah Grant||Trust Appointed||14.07.20-14.07.24||SEND & PP|
|Natalie Wilson||Parent Governor||05.10.20-05.10.24|
View governor attendance at meetings during 2019-20 here.
View governor attendance at meetings during 2020-21 here.
Governing Body Priorities
During 2020-2021 our priorities in developing the effectiveness of our governance are:
- Streamline governor responsibilities in order to effectively evaluate school improvement.
- Use external scrutiny to hold senior leaders to account.
- Commission an external governance review and follow recommendations to strengthen the effectiveness of the governing body's strategic role.
- Ensure Kippax Greenfield Primary School has a curriculum fit for purpose and tailored to the needs of the children.
Please note that The Register of Interests for BLP Board of Directors and the Chief Accounting Officer is on the BLP Website.