Since September 2016 Kippax Greenfield Primary School has had Academy status alongside our Trust partner schools. Kippax Greenfield Primary School is an academy supported by our own Multi- Academy Trust - The Brigshaw Learning Partnership. Please visit the Brigshaw Learning Partnership website to find out more about the Board of Directors and view the Trust's Governance and Financial information.
Each school has its own headteacher and local governing body, and the Brigshaw Learning Partnership Board, which is responsible for all the schools, contains representatives from across our community, as well as very experienced and skilled people who share our values.
Our local governing body has three core functions:
- Setting the vision and strategic direction
- Holding the Headteacher and her Senior Leadership Team to account for the educational performance of the school
- Ensuring financial health, probity and value for money
Our Governing Body membership
Kippax Greenfield Primary School's governing body has 12 membership places. We currently have 2 parent governors, 6 trust-appointed governors, 3 staff governors (including the Headteacher) and 1 associate member. Governors oversee specific areas of the school and monitor progress against the School Development Plan.
How we appoint our governors
- Parent Governors are elected by the parents of pupils in school.
- Trust Governors are appointed by the Brigshaw Learning Partnership
- Staff Governors are elected by the staff of the school.
- Associate Members are appointed by the Local Governing Body and work in an advisory capacity. Associate Members have no voting rights.
- The Headteacher holds an ex-officio position.
If you are interested in joining Kippax Greenfield Primary’s Governing Body please contact our Chair of Governors, Emma Jackson or Headteacher, Mrs Kirsty Moleele at the school address.
School Governors and their roles
|Governor||Role||Term of Office||Specific Responsibilities|
|Emma Jackson||Community Governor||10.09.17 – 10.09.21||
Chair of Governors, Complaints, Headteacher Performance Management, Finance, Trust Director for the Brigshaw Learning Partnership MAT.
|Mark Swales||Community Governor||01.09.18 – 01.09.22||Vice Chair of Governors, Headteacher Performance Management, Health and Safety|
|Sandra Spencer||Community Governor||08.05.15 – 08.05.19|
|Martin Hall||Community Governor||10.09.18 – 10.09.22||Headteacher Performance Management, Educational visits|
|Tom Nutter||Community Governor||
18.06.19 - 18.6.23
|Jacob Odu||Community Governor||
08.05.19 - 08.05.23
|SEND, Pupil premium|
|Vicky Lackey||Parent Governor||15.01.15 – 15.01.19||Safeguarding and Child Protection, Attendance, Early Years|
|Sally Hall||Parent Governor||01.02.16 – 01.02.20||Rights Respecting Schools/Equality|
|Sam Wiseman||Assistant Headteacher||17.09.17 – 17.09.21||Staff Governor - currently on maternity leave|
|Nicola Gibson||Teaching Assistant||08.05.19 - 08.05.23||Support Staff Governor|
|Kirsty Moleele||Headteacher||01.09.04 – 01.09.28||Ex-officio - currently on maternity leave|
|Claire Roberts||Acting Headteacher||05.4.19 – return of Headteacher||Ex-officio|
Our Chair of Governors, Mrs Emma Jackson can be contacted at Kippax Greenfield Primary School, Ebor Mount, Kippax, Leeds LS25 7PA. Email: KGPSoffice@brigshawtrust.com
View governor attendance at meetings during 2018-19 here
View governor attendance at meetings during 2019-20 here
Full Governing Body Meeting dates for 2019-20 are:
- Monday 30th September 2019 6pm - 8pm
- Monday 2nd December 2019 6pm - 8pm
- Wednesday 4th March 2020 6pm - 8pm
- Monday 11th May 2020 6pm - 8pm
- Monday 29th June 2019 6pm - 8pm
Governing Body Priorities
During 2019 -20 our priorities in developing the effectiveness of our governance are:
- Streamline governor responsibilities in order to effectively evaluate school improvement.
- Use external scrutiny to hold senior leaders to account.
- Commission an external governance review and follow recommendations to strengthen the effectiveness of the governing body's strategic role.
- Ensure Kippax Greenfield Primary School has a curriculum fit for purpose and tailored to the needs of the children.