Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
At Kippax Greenfield Primary School we have an inclusive ethos and strive to support all children to achieve at school. We work closely with our children, families and a wide range of professionals to ensure the best possible educational outcomes. Early identification of children with SEND enables early intervention to be implemented and extra support to be put in place.
All children at Kippax Greenfield will have access to a curriculum which is differentiated to challenge and meet individual needs
To ensure all children, including those with SEND, are treated equally and in line with the UN Rights of the Child (1989) we take the following steps:
- Early identification so specific needs to be met within the classroom, playground and school life
- Staffing structure to support individual children along with appropriate training for all staff
- Resources allocated to ensure all children can access the full curriculum
- Flexible timetables for children to manage the school day effectively
- Actively engage with other agencies to support specific needs with specialist expertise
The Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO) is Miss Lauren Stephenson. All SEND provision in school is closely monitored, reviewed and evaluated by the Senior Leadership Team who report to the school governing body on how individual needs are being met.
School has an identified budget for SEND. Decisions about the notional SEN budget are made in consultation with the governing body and reflect a priority of need. For children identified with a high level of need, further applications for Top Up funding (FFI) are completed by the SENCO.
We work closely with Leeds Children’s Services to ensure we meet the needs of all our children. The Leeds Local Offer provides more information about the services provided.