How we uphold the Rights of the Child
How do we uphold the rights of the child?
- All school policies and procedures are designed to uphold the rights of the child.
- Class Charters and the Playground Charter remind children of their rights and how to respect them while learning in class and relaxing on the playground. Over the next year the School Council and Healthy Schools Ambassadors, will be designing charters for other key areas around school. These charters aim to promote positive attitudes and behaviours, as well as making sure our RRSA work is prominent throughout school.
- House Days to focus on relationships, respect and global issues such as The World’s Largest Lesson on Healthy, not Hungry (2017).
- Our curriculum with units of study such as ‘Essential resources need to be used sustainably’, ‘Understanding different points of view prevents conflict’ and ‘Positive relationships help us grow and learn’.
- Our assemblies cover themes such as All different, all equal, Fair trade, Black History Month.