Curriculum and Learning
Kippax Greenfield Primary School is a learning community.
All members of our community are learners – children, staff, parents and governors.
Working together we can support each other as we continually 'Learn Together and Achieve Together'.
Our school curriculum intends to:
- Empower our children as global citizens for the future; knowing their own rights and upholding those of others, having a moral responsibility for our planet and a sense of place
- Encourage aspirational and curious, life-long learners through exposure to new ideas
- Create ‘experts’ in knowledge and skills
- Promote collaborative learning with a strong emphasis on communication
- Develop independent learners who own their learning, embrace challenge and take risks; who reflect on their own learning and can solve problems
We implement this through teaching the thematic International Primary Curriculum. Not all subjects naturally ‘fit’ within a theme and so these subjects are taught discretely. These subjects are: PE, RE, PHSE and Modern Foreign Language - French. English, Maths and ICT skills are also taught during discrete lessons but revisited in the curriculum so children can apply and embed the skills they have learnt in a purposeful context.
Additional information on our curriculum can be obtained by contacting our curriculum leaders through the school office: Tel 0113 2876195 or email [email protected]
Our Key Curriculum Leaders are:
Maths: Mrs C.Roberts English: Mrs S.Wiseman International Primary Curriculum: Mrs K.McCarthy
PE/ Healthy Schools and PHSE: Miss A.Watkiss